(Job Code C4024O or C4027O)
We are currently seeking a Physical Scientist. This position is located in Charlottesville, VA.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/ MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Log Nation’s hiring for the Battelle CBRNE Defense Business Unit located in Charlottesville, VA is seeking a physical scientist who possesses a strong background in conducting analyses of system capabilities, limitations and/or vulnerabilities; writing comprehensive all-source S&TI intelligence assessments; and populating and maintaining databases on behalf of U.S. Government Clients. Must currently possess a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
Tasks will include study and analysis of technological requirements and developments, evaluation of the current research and technological bases’ capabilities, and determination of the prospects for achieving desired goals and requirements.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• BS in physics, chemistry, biology, microbiology, material science, engineering (e.g., electrical, mechanical, aerospace, etc.), computer science, and inter-disciplinary areas (e.g., computer engineering, chemical engineering) with 2+ years of experience.
• Expertise in forecasting emerging and disruptive technologies that can span a broad range of topic areas to include but not be limited to: quantum information sciences (e.g., computing, key distribution, cryptography, communications, sensors), artificial intelligence, autonomy and counter-autonomy, advanced computing (e.g., supercomputing, high performance computing, optical, neuromorphic), encryption, and cryptanalysis.
• Experience developing projects to produce targeted intelligence products such as forecasts and capabilities assessments or major inputs to broad weapon system or technology studies.
• Currently possesses a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
• Willingness to work in small groups or independently as necessary.
• Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
• MS or PhD in physics, chemistry, biology, microbiology, material science, engineering (e.g., electrical, mechanical, aerospace, etc.), computer science, and inter-disciplinary areas (e.g., computer engineering, chemical engineering) with 0-3 years of experience.